Kershaw 1180 Hub/ Glass Filled Nylon Handle/ Bead Blasted Finish
1180Regular price $23.95
The Hub, designed by Jens Anso, is a small knife ideal as a lightweight pocket carry, but it’s small enough to fit on a keychain, too. The large lanyard hole in the aluminum backspacer is anodized in blue and enables the Hub to fit conveniently on a keyring. For pocket carry, the Hub includes a deep-carry pocketclip in matching black oxide. The Hub’s blade is quality 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with a matte, bead-blasted finish. This manual knife is easy to open one-handed using the built-in thumb stud. The glass-filled nylon handle features an angular pattern that interacts with the custom pivot.
- • A perfect, pocket-sized carrying knife
- • Opens manually with thumb stud
- • 8Cr13MoV blade steel offers edge-holding capability, strength, and hardness
- • Oversized lanyard hole can accommodate keychain carry
- • Custom designed pivot and anodized aluminum backspacer
There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
Inset Liner Lock
A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
The pocketclip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
A Jens Ansø design
- Opening: Manual on washers opening with thumb stud
- Lock: Inset liner lock
- Pocketclip: Single-position deep-carry (right, tip-up)
- Features: Extra large lanyard/keychain hole
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, bead-blasted finish
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade: 1.7 in. (4.4 cm)
- Closed: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
- Overall: 4.75 in. (12.1 cm)
- Weight: 2.1 oz. (60 g)